Nearly 2 weeks late, but I’m finally posting pics of the completed Harry Potter scarf I sent to my little cousin.
Folded in half; tail still out:
The beginning end turned out wider than the rest. I guess when I continued it the following day (and the other days) I accidentally used tighter tension. Now I know what to watch out for as I work on the 2nd one for his mom’s friend. I think it turned out wider than a scarf should be….but that could just be me. We are our worst critics after all.
Thursday I began working on a ‘Harry Potter’ scarf for my young cousin and a friend of his mom’s (who saw me post about making one and offered to pay me making one…it’ll be the first thing I’ve sold that I’ve made myself!). I’ll post a pic of the finished product as well as the cable scarf, which is knitting up quickly, when I’m done with them in a couple days.
I’m using this pattern I found on Pinterest: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=238542.0
If you don’t know how to change colors, this YouTube video taught me how a month ago (I just skipped to ~30 sec in): http://youtu.be/6979knxSLKM
I finally learned how to cable last night. It was much easier than I expected. So now I have a new wip. Hopefully in a couple days it’ll be a scarf.
I recently learned how to arm knit. It’s relatively quick and easy. Relaxing, too. My first project was in the fall, a fuzzy (and super soft) shawl type thing. I don’t think I have a picture of that. But this past Saturday I made a scarf for a good friend of mine. I’m not sure how long it took since I had to run into work for a bit before I could finish. Probably no more than an hour. Anyway, here are a few pictures.